Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Do they teach you that in school?

Conversation yesterday, as I was driving my 8 year old daughter home from gymnastics.

8 yr old - "Can we go to the park after supper?"

Me - "That's up to your dad because I have to go to a parent council meeting after supper.  You'll have to ask him."

8 yr old - "I know what to do, just do something that Daddy really wants to do and then after, when he's happy, ask him for what you want!"

Me - laughing uproariously "Where did you learn that?!"

8 yr old - "I don't know, tv maybe?"

Me - "Well, you're right, that works with men."

8 yr old - "But don't they know that you're doing that?"

Me - "They know about it, but it doesn't seem to matter to them."

8 yr old - "Do they teach you how to do that in school?"

Me - "No, it's just something you learn how to do as you get older."

1 comment:

  1. Apparently she doesn't need to go to school for that, she's already figured it out!

    ReplyDelete